Saraswati Shishukunj School, Borsad has turned the unturned stones by winning Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar organized by Government of Gujarat under the project plan of swachh vidyalaya abhiyan. Awarded with a cheque price of Rs. 15,000 the school has promoted safe, secure and hygienic environmental conditions for learning and teaching.
Cleanliness in next to Godliness is a very famous proverb which we all have heard. But, cleanliness at school premises is a very important concern for the parents, teachers and specially students. A clean and hygienic campus is loved and admired by all of them.
However, maintaining cleanliness of campus is very difficult task as there are thousands of students, teachers and parents entry and exit in the classrooms, playgrounds and corridors on a daily basis. According to season and climatic condition, the cleanliness needs to be due done. For example, in the summer season there is a lot of dust entering through the windows, gates and other places. While in rainy season time there is a lot of mudding as children’s footstep in the campus with muddy shoes. Therefore, the duty of cleaning person and superintendent becomes tireless and hectic for all the twelve months.
In the below Infographics, we have depicted the benefits of studying in clean surroundings.
Cleanliness do have a very deep connection with the spiritual growth, mind and soul. It gives poisitivity in the thoughts and better learning environment.
Here, we are sharing a few things that should be cleaned on a daily or weekly basis in the school for making it a safe, secure and healthy campus.
1. Cleanliness of toilet on daily basis. For disposing the waste materials dustbin should be properly placed at proper places.
2. Cleaning of rooms, windows and walls throughout the campus. Plucking of flowers and leaves from garden should be avoided.
3. Taking care of school tables, chairs, blackboard and other school properties needs to be done. Writing on walls ought to be prevented.
4. On all the hard surfaces sweeping and mopping should be done on daily basis. In the case of floor carpeting vacuuming needs to be done on a weekly basis.
5. At the food preparation places, cafeteria and medical room effectively maintaining hand-soaps and safe cleaning products is essential.