Are you confuse which stream to choose and options available after 10th??
Every one emphasizes students to get good marks in 10th standard as its the most important and deciding year for a child’s carrier. This is the only reason why students usually get nightmares about going for board exams. Actually, board exams are same like other exams which students give in school in previous years but the only difference is that it’s a nationalized exam which will take the students to next level in there career prospects and academics.
In this blog, we will give you the option for best courses after 10th and complete career guidance after 10th
Importance of 10th standard in a students life
- It is the first steps to decide career path for future
- It signifies a student’s academic achievement
- It helps students to handle stress and anxiety
- It helps to get prepare for the next board exam in 12th standard
- It also shows the student’s level among other and level of sincerity
Type of courses and career options after 10th
1) 11th and 12th PUC
This is one of the most natural step and a most popular choice among passing 10th standard – 11th followed by 12th.
Nowadays most jobs require minimum education qualification i.e. Bachelor’s Degree. And in order to pursue a Bachelor’s degree, one needs to complete 12th successfully. If a student chooses this path they have many options available after 12th. In India, students have three prominent streams in 11th and 12th standard. They are as follow:
- Science Stream
- Commerce Stream
- Arts Stream
Based on students passions and aptitude they can choose the appropriate stream and go ahead with 11th and 12th. One can go for professional course relevant to stream after completing 12th .
2) Diploma in engineering
Students completing 10th standard also have an option for pursuing a Diploma in Engineering unless they have maths and science subject in their 10th Standard.
Diploma in Engineering is a 3 years course and have various types of available in India. Some of the common courses are as follow.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in EC Engineering
- Diploma in IC Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
Candidate after completing diploma program may secure admission directly into the second year of B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) or B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) course.
3) ITI courses
ITI – Industrial Training Institute. This course offers job oriented training programs. The main aim of an ITI is to instill skills in students to raise skilled workforce and helps them find employment.
The course duration is 1-2 years long and it also depends upon the nature of the course. Some of the ITI training programs are as follow:
- ITI Electrician Course
- ITI Plumber Course
- ITI Welder Course
- ITI Turner Course
- ITI Mechanic course
- ITI Machinist course
4) Vocational courses
Vocational courses enable individuals to acquire skills which are mostly non-academic and totally related to specific occupation or vocation. Such programs could be a Diploma course or certificate course. Example are:
- Diploma in Hardware and Networking
- Paramedical Courses
- Office Secretaryship
- Accountancy and Auditing
- Marketing and Salesmanship
- X-Ray Technician
5) Certificate courses
Certificate courses give a student a step ahead in their interested professional field in similar programs leading to degrees. Once can choose certificate courses based on their interest. For example, if one is interested for IT field they can go for the following courses.
- Certificate in Web Designing
- Certificate in Ethical Hacking
- Certificate in Graphic Designing
- Certificate in App development
6) Other courses:
Some of the other most common courses opted by a student after 10th standard are-
- Diploma in commercial art: It is also commonly known as advertising art and is different from fine art. It mainly focuses on selling of goods and services
Job opportunity: Advertising companies, publishing houses, art studios, and fashion houses.
- Diploma in art teaching: This is a two years long course which mainly focuses on visual and design experience
Job Opportunity: Art Teacher, Self employment
- Diploma in beauty culture & hair dressing: Depending on the institute, the course duration ranges from three months to one year course. A complete training is given in this course related to body care.
Job opportunity: Can start their own beauty salons or can fine job in the same.
- Diploma in garment technology: This course provides training on merchandise and resource utilization and it mainly of 3 years course.
Job opportunity: The candidate can find the opportunity as a fashion designer
- Diploma in stenography: This diploma course is most famous and many of the students opt for the same. The student will be equipped with the shorthand dictation besides clerical duties and has many job opportunity in public and private sectors.
Job Opportunity: One can apply for the position of stenographer, typist and computer operator
- Diploma in laboratory technician: This duration completely depends on the course one picks. The course is related to the training in a clinical laboratory.
Job Opportunity: Lab technician, lab assistant or can be self-employed.
- Diploma in hotel management & catering technology: The eligibility criteria vary depending on the institute and the duration of the course is two years.
Job opportunity: Hotel manager, Assistant manager, Front office manager
- Marine diploma: As this is the booming industry the employment opportunity is plenty and it also has a wide range of diploma option available. Some of the most top courses are marine technology, diploma in marine engineering etc.
There are many different diploma courses in computer-related fields and also one can look for diploma courses in fine arts, cake decorating, cosmetology and photography. You can find career options in science and commerce courses in our next blog in detail.